Friday, February 11, 2011

My Three Days & Two Nights in Shanghai

I went back Shanghai for Christmas. It was a great trip for me. I spent most of my vacation with my parents; however, I still got time to hang out with my friends back home.
I can't believe I had met 37 people in three days. I didn't manage it but just did it. I told all of my friends that I would go back to Shanghai for Christmas. And I told them that I had only three weeks to stay in the city.
I posted a message before I had left Canada: If any of you want to meet me in Shanghai, feel free to text me at 139*********3. You guys don't need to figure out a big amount of time for me. I can meet you out of your office with a nice coffee for you.
Here is what happened at the day I arrived China. I turned my phone on. It kept vibrating for at least 10 minutes.  I was super shocked because I thought my phone was broken. However, that was my friends. Most of my friends texted me before I arriving China.
I started greeting them at the first night I was in Beijing. We started planing a schedule for me to meet everyone. I was extramly longing to see everyone since I haven't met them for two and half years.
Finally, on 21st December I arrived in Shanghai. And this is the first time I slept on my own bed. How warm it is!Also in that night my friends and me got the first schedule of meeting each other.

It was just a plan. A plan never catches up the changes. I left Shanghai the other morning because of the engine issue of my father's ship in Lianyungang, which is 7 hours' drive. When I came back Shanghai was already Christmas eve. I went for dinner with my best friend in high school that night. We had a long conversation during the dinner. After that I met 6 of my psychology club members in the other building for a movie called "If You Are the One II". The movie finished at 9:15 p.m.  During the movie we can't talk to each other so we went to KTV after that. And the group became bigger since most of the couples had finished their romantic dinners. It was dramatic that my  elementary school classmate becomes my high school deskmate's boyfriend. The distance of my elementary school to my high school is just like Winnipeg to Branden. The end of the Christmas eve I have met 14 of my old friend.  When we were leaving the KTV, a coincidence just happened again; I met my ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend there.

Meeting my ex-boyfriend there became the most existing thing for me during that day. We all had never thought we would met each other in the world some day. I gave my best wishes to them. And we stopped the cold war between us, which was one of the most meaningful things in my life.

Then in Christmas Day I had met a group of my high school friends in a boat for lunch. That time I met 8 of my close friends, and that was a wonderful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment